Last updated on September 30th, 2022
Without any doubt, diabetes is one of the most chronic health conditions. And, its incidence has been increasing in an exponential manner. Also, the condition is challenging for medical experts all over the world. Among youngsters, diabetes is increasing because of their inactive lifestyle and poor dietary choices. Read this blog to know about the uses of Madhunashini along with side effects, dosage, and composition.
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder that primarily affects how the body uses the dissolved sugar in the blood. If left unmanaged, high blood glucose levels may result in severe damage to the vital organs. These are the pancreas, heart, kidneys, eyes, etc. The chronic condition might need allopathic medicines. If a person has symptoms of diabetes and opts for the natural way, Ayurveda is a great rescue. Ayurveda brings a treasure trove of herbs, spices, and food choices. This science delivers remedies for almost all medical conditions. And one such unbelievable mixture of herbs that is a complete answer from Ayurveda for diabetes is Madhunashini Vati.
Manage the glucose levels with a wide range of ayurvedic supplements today!
What is Madhunashini?
It is known as the “Miraculous Remedy for Diabetes”. Madhunashini is an ayurvedic proprietary medicine for treating and managing diabetes. It helps the body to attain a better hold over the blood glucose levels via several mechanisms. Moreover, Madhunashini is highly effective in preventing diabetic complications. They result because of the effects of high blood glucose levels on the nerves and blood vessels. Having this medicine regularly on doctor’s suggestion:
- Improves the overall health of a diabetic
- Protects the nerves, heart, eyes, blood vessels, and kidneys
- Helps the body organs enjoy a long and healthy life
- Improves the efficiency of the organs by assisting them to execute their functions better.
Ingredients of Madhunashini Vati
- 21 parts Ashwagandha – Withania Somnifera
- 15 parts Bargad or Vat Jatta (Indian banyan) – Ficus benghalensis
- 15 parts Amalaki (Amla) – Emblica Officinalis
- 21 parts Chirayata – Swertia chirata
- 15 parts Saparangi – Salacia chinensis
- 15 parts Gokshura – Tribulus terrestris
- 21 parts Gurmar – Gymnema sylvestre
- 15 parts Giloy or Guduchi (Indian Tinospora) – Tinospora cordifolia
- 15 parts Bibhitaki (Bahera) – Terminalia bellirica
- 26 parts Neem – Azadirachta indica
- 15 parts Bilva (Bael) – Aegle marmelos
- 35 parts Kutaja – Holarrhena antidysenterica
- 15 parts Haritaki (Harar) Chhoti – Terminalia chebula
- 15 parts Kachur (zedoary) – Curcuma zedoaria
- 50 parts Shuddha Shilajit – Ashphaltum
- 42 parts Jamun (Java Plum) – Syzygium cumini
- 21 parts Vasaka – Adhatoda vasica
- 42 parts Kutki – Picrorhiza kurroa
- 21 parts Babul (Kikar) – Acacia arabica
- 21 parts Kali Jeeri (Kalijiri) – Centratherum anthelminticum
- 16 parts Haldi (Turmeric) – Curcuma longa
- 21 parts Methi (Fenugreek) – Trigonella foenum-graecum
- 7 parts Shuddha Kuchla – Strychnos nux-vomica
- Gum Acacia
- Magnesium Stearate
- Wash all the plant parts to get rid of impurities.
- Dry them totally under direct sunlight. There should be no moisture.
- Soak the plant parts in a grinder till it turns powdery.
- Mix all the aqueous components together. Add all the powdered herbs to it.
- Add the excipients one after the other.
- Once more, dry this semi-solid coarse mixture under direct sunlight. This removes moisture particles and turns powdery.
- Use palm to make small circular balls or vatis utilizing the powder.
- Store them in a glass container. Keep the vatis in a cool, dry place for future use.
Also Read: Normal Blood Sugar Levels Chart
Health Benefits Of Madhunashini Vati
Diabetes is known as Madhumeha in Ayurveda. Because of the presence of beneficial herbs, Madhunashini is an outstanding formulation for diabetes. It improves the metabolism because of its:
- Tikta (bitter) property
- Kashaya (astringent) property
- Kapha-Pitta balancing doshas.
The exceptional anti-glycemic nature of the vati plays a key role in reducing the blood sugar levels of the body. This herbal medicine promotes the pancreas. And in turn, stimulates the secretion of a balanced amount of Insulin. In addition, it regulates the metabolism of carbs. This action readily aids the extra glucose circulating in the blood to convert into glycogen. This prevents sudden spikes in the blood glucose level. It is a pure ayurvedic remedy for diabetic patients. This formulation maintains a natural control over the blood sugar levels.
Promotes Weight Loss
It contains plenty of alkaloids and flavonoids. They help the body shed too much weight faster. Because of its property to impair AMA doshas from the body and appetite suppressant action, madhunashini plays a key role in:
- Removing undesirable toxins from the body
- Satisfying hunger pangs
- Preventing a person from overeating.
Thus, taking this every morning on empty stomach plays a key role in one’s weight loss routine. The formulation also lowers the accumulation of LDL in the body. Thus, improves metabolism and helps the body to maintain a proper weight.
Also Read: How to Lower Blood Sugar?
Reduce Sugar Cravings
One of the most irritating habits nowadays in an inactive lifestyle is the affinity of individuals toward sugar and sugary products. A reduction in the ability of a person to taste sweet foods is seen. This is when the herbal medicine is consumed in the proper dosage. This efficiently limits sugar cravings and unexpected binges. Thus, helps a person to have a healthy diabetic diet.
Manages Stress and Anxiety
Stress might often deteriorate the existing diabetic condition. This occurs by increasing the production of hormones. This in turn results in an increase in the blood glucose level. This tablet has natural stress-boosting properties. Thus, it holds high significance in treating and managing stressful conditions. Madhunashini clears off the brain toxins and improves cognitive abilities such as memory, and concentration. It also normalises the vata and pitta doshas in the body. And, regulates the serotonin hormone and lowers the various signs of anxiety. These may involve restlessness, uneasiness, cold hands, feet, etc. Also, it is beneficial in subduing pain owing to headaches.
Also Read: Indian Diet Chart for Diabetic Patients
Subsides Diabetic Retinopathy
Diabetic retinopathy is a chronic metabolic disorder. In this, blood sugar levels rise. And, they damage the tiny blood vessels within the retina. Then, they either swell up and leak fluid or promote the formation of new blood vessels. In either case, it hinders with visual perception. The unbelievable herbs in this herbal vati:
- Guards the nerve cells in the retina
- Strengthens the blood vessels
- Supports blood circulation
- Arrests the formation of new blood vessels
- Reduces the possibilities of diabetic retinopathy.
Read More: Do Antibiotics Raise Blood Sugar?
Madhunashini is known as an exceptional digestive concoction. It has an appetizing property. It lowers the formation of gas in the alimentary canal. As a result, it prevents flatulence, bloating, and abdominal distension. Intake of this formulation regularly:
- Lowers indigestion
- Increases appetite
- Promotes better absorption of nutrients in the body.
The host of bioactive ingredients also helps in preventing intestinal infections.
Read More: Can Diabetics Eat Jaggery?
Improves Neural Functions
Madhunashini is an ancient and traditional remedy to increase the brain working. It does so by amending high blood glucose levels. The potent antioxidants present in the active ingredients improves:
- Memory capacity
- Alertness of a person.
Individuals taking this herbal tablet have:
- Improved memory
- Other cognitive abilities.
It also helps to:
- Treat neuro-degenerative disorders
- Treats the numbness of hands and feet
- Fortifies the nervous system to increase the overall functioning.
Read More: HbA1c Test Normal Range For Adults
Slows Ageing Process
The regenerative actions of the several herbs for formulating Madhunashini make it an effective Rasayani dravya. It aids in slowing the ageing process. It helps in:
- Tissue repair and regeneration
- Potent antioxidant activity
- Protects against cellular damage
- Lowers the ageing process in the tissues of the liver, heart, lungs, or skin.
It has great detoxifying properties. Madhunashini is extremely beneficial in purifying the blood. It cleanses the blood and improves blood circulation. Also, it helps to remove the toxins from the bloodstream and various body organs.
Shields Against Infections
It contains various biochemical compounds. Madhunashini has been used to battle germs and shield the body against infections. It contains powerful anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and antifungal properties. Madhunashini removes bacteria or germs from the body. Also, it treats and heals wounds. The bio-active components also help in lowering general debility, weakness, and fatigue. And, improves the vitality of the body.
Treats Wounds and Ulcers
It also contains anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties. Madhunashini plays a key role in treating various types of ulcers. These include ulcerative colitis, peptic ulcer, canker sores or mouth ulcers, etc. It contains various bioactive compounds. It helps to:
- Promote tissue regeneration
- Supports wound healing
- Treats the scar tissue.
Also Read: Can you Reverse Type 2 Diabetes?
Relieves Urinary Disorders
Madhunashini vati is also beneficial for treating underlying urinary disorders. These can be urinary incontinence, painful urination, and a burning feeling while urinating. When the drug is taken alongside cow’s milk, it:
- Reduces the pain and burning micturition
- Stimulates proper urination.
Being a mild diuretic, it also manages dysuria. The host of anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties avoids urinary infections.
Manages Blood Pressure
Madhunashini acts as a natural antihypertensive agent. It normalizes blood pressure levels and keeps them under control. It is important in both hypertension and hypotension conditions. Madhunashini:
- Improves the heart functions
- Increases the cardiovascular endurance
- Brings the blood pressure to a stable level
- Maintains balanced readings.
Read More: Top Glucometers in India to Buy in 2022
Madhunashini Vati Dosage
The effective therapeutic dosage of Madhunashini Vati can differ from individual to individual. This depends upon a person’s:
- Body strength
- Effects on appetite
- Condition of the patient.
It is strictly a must to consult an ayurvedic doctor or practitioner. He or she would assess the patient’s indications and past medical conditions. And, then suggest an effective dose for a specific period. In adults, the dose can be 1 or 2 tablets, twice a day. Take this vati one hour before breakfast and dinner with water or lukewarm milk.
Read More: Best Yoga Asanas For Diabetic Peoples
Madhunashini Vati Side-effects
Madhunashini Vati has been deemed safe for intake. It has been reported to be extremely beneficial in treating countless health conditions. Still, it is necessary to take it in the prescribed amount. Also, if a person is already consuming synthetic medicines for diabetes, they must consult a doctor before going for Madhunashini. This may avoid a sudden dip in blood sugar. This may become life-threatening. There are no proper studies of the effect of this medication on pregnant women and lactating mothers. It is advisable to keep away from this medicine without a doctor’s approval.
Madhunashini is a prized remedy for diabetes. It is also stated in several ayurvedic scriptures as an excellent remedy for the diabetes and underlying health conditions. This medicinal formulation is classified as a Rasayani Dravya. It helps in controlling diabetes, promoting weight loss, and managing cholesterol. Also, it helps in boosting immunity and promoting neural functioning.
Read More: Top Homeopathic Medicines For Diabetes
How can I take extra power in Divya Madhunashini Vati?
People must use the recommended amount of Divya Madhunashini Vati. They must take 2 tablets of this formulation after Meal. People must take this tablet orally with lukewarm water. Its duration of intake is three weeks.
What is the use of Divya Madhunashini Vati?
Divya Madhunashini Vati tablets comprise numerous medicinal and dietary herbs as key components. The tablets are useful in the treatment of diabetes and its related issues. The formulation aids to rejuvenate energy, boost immunity, improves the working of nervous system etc.
Does Madhunashini cure diabetes?
Madhunashini is a high-quality preparation for diabetes. This ayurvedic formulation aids in controlling diabetes, supporting weight loss, and managing the levels of cholesterol.
Can Madhunashini aid in lowering sugar in type 2 diabetes?
Use of ayurvedic medications i.e., madhunashini mixed with regular yoga practice and walk is very effective in regulating blood sugar.
Can I consume Madhunashini after meal?
Gymnema sylvestre contains strong anti-diabetic properties. It is found to lower your blood sugar levels after a meal.
Is Patanjali Madhunashini good?
Madhunashini is a very good product for diabetic people. It is very nice product overall
The information included at this site is for educational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for medical treatment by a healthcare professional. Because of unique individual needs, the reader should consult their physician to determine the appropriateness of the information for the reader’s situation.