Author: Dr. Arjun Subash Kalasapur
Dr Arjun has a vast experience as a Clinical Research Scientist. He has also got specialities in Gastroenterology, Cardiology/Cardiac ICU, Neurology with special interest in Epilepsy etc. Also, worked in the Epilepsy Clinics run by Victoria Hospital, Bangalore.
Dr Arjun S Kalasapur worked as Doctor in Health Camps, Blood Donation Camps, Children Screening Camps in Schools etc. He has also received trainings in GCP’s, GLP’s, BA/BE Studies and Phase I Clinical trials. He has received first prize for Poster Presentation at APICON Conference, Hyderabad in January 2015. Also, got first prize for Poster Presentation at ISOP Conference in Agra in October 2016.
Dr Arjun also participated in many National and International Conferences such as PHARMATECH, INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY OF PHARMACO VIGILANCE (ISOP).
He also participated in Hands on Workshops in fields such as Pharmacology, Medicine, Dermatology, Neurology etc.
Aug 2012 – Dec 2018, Junior Resident, Department of Medical Intensive Care Unit at St Philomena’s Hospital, Bangalore.
- Matric, Bishop Cotton Boys School, Bangalore, Apr 2002
- II PUC, Sri Kumaran Children’s Home Composite PU College, Mar 2004
- MBBS, Saratov State Medical University, Saratov, Russian Federation, Jun 2010
- Internship, St Philomena’s Hospital, Bangalore, Jul 2012
- MD (Pharmacology), Bangalore Medical College & Research Institute, May 2018
Jan 2019 – Apr 2020, Clinical Research Scientist, M/S Lotus Labs Pvt Ltd, Bangalore.
- Also, worked in various other hospitals to gain experience in Gastroenterology, Cardiology/Cardiac ICU, Neurology with special interest in Epilepsy etc.
May 2020 – Oct 2020, Clinical Investigator, Life Care hospital and Research Centre, Bangalore.
- Screened volunteers to select suitable subjects for the study as required by the protocol; dosing of the subject as per protocol; observation, documentation, treatment and follow up of the subjects as per GCP criteria.
- Formulated SOP’s concerning the safety of the subjects and streamlining the processes.
- Member of the Audit Team for assessing the facilities, operating procedures and cost economics of diagnostic labs for empanelment with Lotus Labs
Oct 2020 – Oct 2021, Fellowship Course in Diabetes, DIACON Hospital, Bangalore.
- Was part of phase 2 and 3 clinical trials (soul, sustain, flow) as a clinical investigator under Dr. l.S. Sreenivasmurthy.
- Pursued Hands on Fellowship Course in Diabetes under Dr.S.R.Aravind. Received comprehensive training in management of types of diabetes, associated co morbidities, diabetic foot etc.
Publications and Paper Presentations
- Comparison of SITAGLIPTIN vs. TENELEGLIPTIN as an add on to METFORMIN in Type 2 Diabetes.
- Drugs used in IDIOPATHIC GENERALISED EPILEPSY (IGE)
Poster: 1) Comparison of Efficacy and Safety of SITAGLIPTIN vs. TENELIGLIPTIN in Type 2 Diabetes
- Comparison of Conventional vs. Newer AED’s in Epilepsy
- Comparison of Sodium Valproate vs. Magnesium Valproate in IGE
- Also, published the above presentations in various Pharmacology journals.
In the intricate web of human health, diabetes stands as a formidable adversary, affecting millions worldwide. In contrast, the management of diabetes is a well-trodden path for many. According to data collected by the World Health Organisation (WHO) of 108 countries between 2000 and 2016, there were more than 71 lakh deaths due to diabetes complications. …
Last updated on November 2nd, 2023Every other day, we see a new health trend or healthy food coming our way. Amongst all the information overload thrown at us and a new “superfood” popping up every other day, one dietary staple remains constant and loved by all nutrition and health enthusiasts — brown rice. Known for its …
Last updated on September 23rd, 2023In an era where health and wellness have taken centre stage, understanding the intricate aspects of our bodies becomes paramount. In a survey conducted in 2016, there were more than 78 lakh hospitalisations due to diabetes-related complications. Hyperglycemia, a diabetes-related condition, has become increasingly prevalent and demands our attention. This comprehensive …
Last updated on October 11th, 2023In our busy lives, where burgers and office chairs often win, health becomes a superhero with a spotlight. This buzzword, prediabetes, is like a wake-up call before the real deal of type 2 diabetes. It’s like a friend telling you not to make that awful decision or skip exercising today. Unfortunately, …
Last updated on September 27th, 2023For diabetes patients, dietary preferences or choices are crucial in keeping their sugar levels and overall health in check. As one of the most popular and beloved fruits, strawberries often find their way into various dishes and desserts. As a human, we can believe the beautiful juicy red fruit might have …
Last updated on September 27th, 2023In finding natural remedies for diabetes management, today we look upon ash gourd, petha vegetable, white ash guard, smooth guard, etc. The ash gourd picture in your can be of a green pumpkin, but both are distinct members of the gourd family. Revered for its exceptional medicinal properties, this ancient ash …