Author: Dr. Soujanya Manthripragada
Dr Soujanya Manthripragada is a Family Physician with over thirteen years of experience. She has received various accreditations like AFPI (Academy of Family Physician of India), IMA, IMACGP, and API. Dr Soujanya is presently working as a Family physician and Diabetologist in Medexperts Polyclinic, Bachupally, Hyderabad.
She has done various health promotions and preventive health check-ups. She is experienced in disease diagnosis and management of medical illnesses. That too, management of both communicable and non-communicable diseases. Dr Soujanya has a vast experience of preparing medical care strategies and she assures patient confidentiality too. She manages patient records on online platform.
Dr Soujanya has an experience of antenatal care, vaccinations, infection control. She is also equipped with knowledge needed to manage common illnesses in children. Dr Soujanya has an experience in online consultations of both COVID and NON COVID care in the past 1.5 years. She has given home treatment to above 500 COVID patients with excellent recovery.
- MBBS, ASRAMS College, N.T.R University, Andhra Pradhesh, 2007
- DNB (Family medicine), Apollo hospitals, M.G.R, 2015
- Fellowship in Diabetology, Indian medical association, Hyderabad, 2019
- PG Certificate course in Infectious diseases (Blended learning), London school of Hygiene and Tropical medicine (LSHTM), London university, 2021-2022.
Jun 2021 – Present, Consultant Family physician and Diabetologist, Medexperts Polyclinic, Bachupally, Hyderabad
Jan 2020 – Feb 2021, Family Physician and Diabetologist, Vasishta Multispeciality clinic, Kukatpally, Hyderabad
- Providing OP services, Preventive health check-ups, Diabetic camps.
- Managing communicable and non-communicable diseases focusing on preventive healthcare.
Sep 2016 – Jan 2019, Associate Consultant - General Medicine, Sri Sri Holistic Hospitals, Hyderabad
- Provided services like Preventive Health check-ups, Health camps and Vaccinations.
- Highly efficient in managing common medical conditions like Diabetes, Hypertension, Hypothyroid along with Infectious diseases.
Apr 2012- Jul 2015, Resident Doctor - D.N.B, Apollo Hospitals, Chennai
- Worked in the department of General medicine as a Junior Consultant.
- Took care of Inpatients admitted with multiple medical issues. These were tropical diseases, infections, non-communicable diseases like Diabetes, Hypertension, Dyslipidemia.
- Attended Emergency medical cases in Casualty and managed them.
- Looked after outpatients on a regular basis.
Feb 2009 – Jun 2011, Junior Doctor, Sanjeevi polyclinic, Guntur
- Worked in all the Departments including Emergency as a part of curriculum under multiple physicians.
- Attended ward rounds daily and maintained patient records including case sheets and discharge summary.
- Attended seminars, Journal clubs, Grand rounds and Physician meets regularly.
- Performed therapeutic procedures like vaccinations, Suturing and wound care and Infection management.
- Worked as a junior doctor under a Physician, Diabetologist and a Cardiologist.
- Provided medical care to outpatients by examining, interviewing and observing the treatment of clinical patients to meet their medical requirements.
- Monitored medical treatments, diagnosis and assessment of patients.
- Assisted and conducted minor medical outpatient procedures.
- Reviewed long term cases regularly that require ongoing medical attention.
- Educated patients on prevention and detection of illness by providing resources and materials to the patients and families.
Workshops and Conferences
- ICON 2012, 3rd INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS OF FAMILY MEDICINE
- APOLLO NEUROLOGY CLINICS 2013
- GPCON and ICON 2013, INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
- GERICON 2013, NATIONAL CONFERENCE OF GERIATRICS
- AIDC 2014 (APOLLO INFECTIOUS DISEASE CERTIFICATE COURSE, CHENNAI)
- GERD SYMPOSIUM 2014, CERTIFICATE COURSEE
- RSSDI, 2016, RESEARCH SOCIETY FOR THE STUDY OF DIABETES IN INDIA
- ANTIMICROBIAL STEWARDSHIP PROGRAMME, MARCH 2017
- BMJ MASTERCLASS, MARCH 2017, MASTERCLASS IN DIZZINESS AND VERTIGO
- SZIRACON, MAY 2017, SOUTH ZONE INDIAN RHEUMATOLOGY ASSOCIATION CONFERENCE
- CIDSCON, AUGUST 2017, ANNUAL CONFERENCE OF CLINICAL INFECTIOUS DISEASE SOCIETY
- SEPSIS CONGRESS, OCTOBER 2017, INFECTIOUS DISEASE CRITICAL CARE BOARD REVIEW COURSE
- APICON JANUARY 2018
- WORKSHOP ON TROPICAL FEVERS AND TOXICOLOGY, JANUARY 2018
- CIDSCON, AUGUST 2018, CONFERENCE OF CLINICAL INFECTIOUS DISEASE SOCIETY
- WEBINAR ON PRACTICAL ENDOCRINOLOGY, MARCH2021
- CIDSCON 11th ANNUAL CONFERENCE OF CLINICAL INFECTIOUS DISEASE SOCIETY, AUG2021.
- Conducted research study and thesis on ‘ACUTE UNDIFFERENTIATED FEBRILE ILLNESS IN ADULT HOSPITALISED PATIENTS: ETIOLOGY AND DIAGNOSTIC PREDICTORS’ during D.N.B period.
Introduction According to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF), in 2021, approximately 537 million adults (20-79 years) were living with diabetes worldwide. This number is expected to rise, with projections estimating that by 2045, around 783 million people may have diabetes. The majority of people with diabetes have type 2 diabetes, which is often associated with lifestyle …
Last updated on November 28th, 2023What is Glimepiride (Amaryl)? Glimepiride goes by the brand name of Amaryl and is used in the treatment of high blood sugar. It can be used particularly or with a combination of other diabetic drugs like Metformin. Glimepiride tablets are prescribed in type 2 diabetes treatment. In type 2 diabetes, the …
Amidst the vibrant tapestry of Indian flavors, the quest for diabetes-friendly foods takes center stage. In this culinary journey, let’s turn our attention to the kiwi — a fruit not only pleasing to the eye but potentially a boon for those seeking a balance between taste and health in their diabetes management. The question on our …
Introduction Poha, a beloved Indian breakfast dish made from flattened rice, has earned a special place in the hearts of food enthusiasts across the country. With its delicious taste and versatility, poha is a favorite morning meal for many. However, for individuals with diabetes, dietary choices require careful consideration. They often wonder if poha is a …
Last updated on November 2nd, 2023Blood sugar, or glucose, serves as the primary source of energy for our bodies. For individuals with diabetes, maintaining blood sugar within a specific range is crucial to prevent complications. Uncontrolled high blood sugar, known as hyperglycemia, can lead to a range of health issues, including kidney problems, nerve damage, and …
Last updated on November 2nd, 2023You would think that the only things you need to avoid for diabetes management are unhealthy, processed foods, right? After all, fruits are typically considered super healthy and completely natural. So, why is it that even these wholesome fruits need to be chosen carefully if you have diabetes? The truth is …