“You need to get some more physical activity” – been hearing this from family, friends, doctors, etc.? Then it’s time you do.
A fantastic physical activity that’s quite popular with fitness enthusiasts is jogging. You don’t need a specific time or any special equipment for this exercise – which makes it even more popular among people of all ages.
So if you haven’t considered it yet, take a look at these 7 health benefits of jogging that will change your mind.
- Being a weight-bearing activity, it can support the formation of strong bones in the body.
- It helps strengthen your muscles effectively. Over time, your muscles become tougher with daily physical activity.
- As it is a cardiovascular exercise, it burns a significant amount of calories.
- It aids in fat reduction and weight loss efforts. A very motivational factor for those attempting to shed off those extra pounds!
- It improves your stamina and builds immunity, making you fitter and healthier.
- It reduces the risk of certain lifestyle-related health conditions like obesity, heart disease and Type 2 diabetes
- Apart from the physical benefits, it also makes a positive impact on the mind. Jogging gives you a natural mood boost!
If you’ve never tried jogging, now is an excellent time to start! And if you can take a friend along, that’s even better! Begin with 30 minutes of brisk walking, 5 days a week. Slowly add a few minutes of jogging in between, and go on increasing the time to suit your level of comfort. An ideal pace is where you are able to breathe but not able to converse.
The information included at this site is for educational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for medical treatment by a healthcare professional. Because of unique individual needs, the reader should consult their physician to determine the appropriateness of the information for the reader’s situation.