Author: Rohan Verma
Rohan Verma is an experienced leader with an established ability to drive changes and make impact. Rohan has 10 years experience at McKinsey & Co, Nomura, and healthcare sector. Rohan believes in better, patient-oriented and evidence-based medicine, his practice focuses on potentially reversing type 2 diabetes. Rohan follows a data driven strategy and his major focus lies on making targeted efforts to deliver the best health care program and optimize business outcomes.
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.), Electronics and Entrepreneurship, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 2012
- CrossFit Level 2 Trainer, CrossFit
Jan 2020-Present, CEO & Co-Founder at Breathe Well-being, Gurugram
Jan 2020- Apr 2020, Incubatee at Y Combinator, San Francisco Bay Area
Aug 2013 – Sep 2015, Strategy Consultant/ BA at McKinsey & Company, Mumbai
- Breathe Well-being is a research-based, digital, healthcare program that helps Indians manage, prevent, and reverse their Type 2 Diabetes.
- A combination of one-to-one coaching for diet, exercise, and stress management is employed. This is done via expert health coaches led WhatsApp community, Breath Well-being app as well as a highly engaging technology platform. Through this plan, people can see a remarkable change in their blood sugar levels, weight changes, their fitness levels, and eventually can notice “zero medication” in their prescriptions.
Jul 2012 – May 2013, Senior Business Analyst at Nomura, Mumbai
- Due diligence on an alcohol player based in the Philippines. Stacked the competitive positioning of the target and built a revenue growth model estimating the size of spirits market by 2020. Estimated the value of opportunity in the emerging whiskey markets by formulating a go-to-market strategy for the targets' whiskey subsidiary
- Pricing strategy and volume allocation for a cement player in the Philippines to increase EBITDA by 5%.
- Built regional scoring models for 8 micro markets in the Philippines, 2*2 profitability frameworks, and market share sensitivity frameworks to estimate the impact of price change in Philippines cement market
- Africa market entry strategy to evaluate opportunity within each African country for an Indian conglomerate across its two verticals- tractors and generators with extensive competitive positioning in Ghana, Egypt, and South Africa
- Feature optimization in entry-level motorbikes for a two-wheeler manufacturer impacting EBITDA by $80mn, and impacting Net Margins from 6% to 16%
Jul 2011 – Jun 2012, Curator at TEDxCQ, Singapore
May 2011 – Jul 2011, Client Relationship Manager at Buy One Give One, Singapore
Sep 2010 – Dec 2010, Commodity trading at Adani Enterprises Ltd.
- Executed Business Process Modeling for Equities-EMEA, APAC, US and Global with Business M.I teams
- Assisting in Research on Competitors, M&A and Commodity markets through weekly reports
Ragi is becoming a popular choice, replacing many bowls of cereal, due to Ragi’s health benefits. It is a nutrient-dense coarse cereal that helps to control sugar levels, reduce weight, and promotes bone, heart, skin, and hair health. In addition, it also provides several health benefits to the liver, digestive system, and depression conditions. What is …
When you hear the word “healthy breakfast”, one food that shines through all is oatmeal or oats. It is one fulfilling breakfast with multiple health benefits. Oats are the healthiest cereal which is part of a healthy breakfast, porridge, and baked food products. We all are familiar with oats as one of the lightest and most …
Last updated on May 10th, 2022The importance of the heart cannot be put down in words. The only organ that can determine life and death for the body is the heart. Hence, it’s equally important that we know the heart conditions that affect a person and find ways to stay away from these problems. Let’s look …
What is Insulin? Insulin is a hormone produced by the pancreas to control the sugar levels in our body. It helps the cells in our bloodstream to absorb sugar from the carbohydrate intake and convert it into energy and store it for future use. Insulin also converts excess sugar, which is present after a meal, into …
Last updated on September 9th, 2022In simple terms, mindful eating is eating with your mind. It is practicing an open-minded awareness of how the food we choose to eat affects our body, feelings, mind, and everything around us. This concept is more about how to eat than about what to eat and what not to eat. …
Last updated on March 3rd, 2022If you have a family history of diabetes or other illnesses that require low sugar intake, or if you are someone who’s trying to keep a watch on your carbohydrate and sugar intake (you all should!), then it is important to know what fruit you should and shouldn’t be eating. Fruits …