Author: Rohan Verma
Rohan Verma is an experienced leader with an established ability to drive changes and make impact. Rohan has 10 years experience at McKinsey & Co, Nomura, and healthcare sector. Rohan believes in better, patient-oriented and evidence-based medicine, his practice focuses on potentially reversing type 2 diabetes. Rohan follows a data driven strategy and his major focus lies on making targeted efforts to deliver the best health care program and optimize business outcomes.
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.), Electronics and Entrepreneurship, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 2012
- CrossFit Level 2 Trainer, CrossFit
Jan 2020-Present, CEO & Co-Founder at Breathe Well-being, Gurugram
Jan 2020- Apr 2020, Incubatee at Y Combinator, San Francisco Bay Area
Aug 2013 – Sep 2015, Strategy Consultant/ BA at McKinsey & Company, Mumbai
- Breathe Well-being is a research-based, digital, healthcare program that helps Indians manage, prevent, and reverse their Type 2 Diabetes.
- A combination of one-to-one coaching for diet, exercise, and stress management is employed. This is done via expert health coaches led WhatsApp community, Breath Well-being app as well as a highly engaging technology platform. Through this plan, people can see a remarkable change in their blood sugar levels, weight changes, their fitness levels, and eventually can notice “zero medication” in their prescriptions.
Jul 2012 – May 2013, Senior Business Analyst at Nomura, Mumbai
- Due diligence on an alcohol player based in the Philippines. Stacked the competitive positioning of the target and built a revenue growth model estimating the size of spirits market by 2020. Estimated the value of opportunity in the emerging whiskey markets by formulating a go-to-market strategy for the targets' whiskey subsidiary
- Pricing strategy and volume allocation for a cement player in the Philippines to increase EBITDA by 5%.
- Built regional scoring models for 8 micro markets in the Philippines, 2*2 profitability frameworks, and market share sensitivity frameworks to estimate the impact of price change in Philippines cement market
- Africa market entry strategy to evaluate opportunity within each African country for an Indian conglomerate across its two verticals- tractors and generators with extensive competitive positioning in Ghana, Egypt, and South Africa
- Feature optimization in entry-level motorbikes for a two-wheeler manufacturer impacting EBITDA by $80mn, and impacting Net Margins from 6% to 16%
Jul 2011 – Jun 2012, Curator at TEDxCQ, Singapore
May 2011 – Jul 2011, Client Relationship Manager at Buy One Give One, Singapore
Sep 2010 – Dec 2010, Commodity trading at Adani Enterprises Ltd.
- Executed Business Process Modeling for Equities-EMEA, APAC, US and Global with Business M.I teams
- Assisting in Research on Competitors, M&A and Commodity markets through weekly reports
A person might have taken a course of antibiotics at some point in his or her life. Maybe he or she has consumed Penicillin being a child for treating strep throat. Or possibly have been given Azithromycin for a sinus or upper respiratory infection. Without a doubt, antibiotics are lifesavers in many cases. A person may …
Transformation of lifestyle is one of the ways to improve the functionality of your body organs including the pancreas. Exercises, stress reduction, weight loss, and detoxification are some of the lifestyle modifications that you can bring into your life. These help in stimulating the function of beta cells of the pancreas to increase the production of …
Diabetes occurs when the immune system accidentally attacks and destroys insulin-producing cells in the pancreas. Insulin is a body hormone that is necessary for metabolism as it processes carbohydrates from food. Without sufficient insulin, blood sugar levels can skyrocket or fall short, leading to severe complications or death. People with DM type 1 have to replace …
Irrespective of the disease it is a fact that in the long run it will impact our health and quality of life. It will severely affect the working of organs. Especially for people suffering with diabetes type two needs to be extra cautious. Moreover, inadequately managed blood sugar can result in a variety of health issues. …
Saunf or fennel seeds are spice harvested from one of the numerous types of fennel plants. They are equipped with a sweet, potent flavor resembling licorice. Foeniculum vulgare, famous as fennel, is a palatable culinary herb as well as a medicinal plant. Fennel is green and white having yellow flowers and feather-like fennel leaves. Fennel is …
Every parent is familiar with the fact that their toddlers and kids sleep and drink a lot. However, if the child is unexpectedly much dizzier or thirstier as compared to normal, it could indicate type 1 diabetes. It can also be termed juvenile diabetes as a majority of individuals who suffer from it are young children. …