Diabetes seems like a never-ending disease. But, if you focus on diet, exercise, and meditation, you might make a huge change.
Here are some useful tips to achieve freedom from diabetes-
Best exercises for Diabetics in 2020
Doing the following exercises on a regular basis will help control your blood sugar:
7 best home workouts
- Pilates – It is an effective way to manage blood sugar in people with diabetes. It is a low-impact exercise that focuses on strengthening the muscles, improving alignment, and flexibility. Performing Pilates regularly will help to control glycemia, increase cardiovascular health, improve the body’s sensitivity to insulin, and reduce body fat.
- Tai Chi – Tai Chi is a Chinese martial art that involves breathing and relaxation techniques and is considered a moderate exercise. It is beneficial for improving cardio-respiratory fitness, peripheral circulation, and reducing stress as well as anxiety.
- Stationary Bicycling – A form of aerobic exercise that makes your heart stronger and lungs function better. You don’t even have to leave your house for cycling. Cycling for 30 minutes a day (3-5 times a week) helps to lower the blood sugar levels and lose weight without hurting the knees or other joints.
- Dance – Dancing helps to boost fitness, improve the body’s sensitivity to insulin and blood glucose management, as well as build muscle strength. It even helps to lower stress by relaxing the mind.
- Resistance Band Exercise – A home workout that is performed by stretching very thick, strong elastic bands. It helps to improve insulin sensitivity, lower blood glucose levels, burn extra calories, and strengthen your muscles.
- Calisthenics – Strength training exercise performed using your own body weight (like push-ups, squats, crunches, etc). It helps to lower blood sugar, improve the body’s sensitivity to insulin, and strengthen your muscles.
- Stair climbing – Avoid lifts and use stairs as climbing stairs is considered as one of the most powerful resistance exercises. It helps to burn calories, strengthen the muscles, and improves your lungs and cardiovascular system.
Best 7 outside workouts
- Walking – The most basic and effective physical activity which helps to reduce blood glucose levels. Walking helps the muscles to absorb blood sugar and prevents it from building up in the bloodstream. It even helps to control weight and improve cardiovascular fitness.
- Swimming – Swimming is really helpful for people who are diagnosed with diabetes. It lowers the risk of heart (cardiovascular) disease, reduces weight, increases the body’s sensitivity to insulin, and controls the blood sugar levels in Type 2 and gestational diabetes.
- Weight Training – Weight training helps diabetic people in controlling blood sugar levels. It burns the extra calories, reduces the risk of heart disease, and enhances the muscle’s ability to absorb glucose.
- Team sports – Playing outdoor sports like basketball, soccer, etc offer a good aerobic workout. It helps to burn off calories and strengthen your muscles.
- Rebounding – Bouncing on a mini trampoline is a kind of aerobic exercise. It helps to regulate the blood sugar levels and increase the cells’ ability to absorb glucose.
- Skate sports – A fun activity that will help to get rid of a sedentary lifestyle. It acts as a cardio workout which helps to improve balance and muscle activity. It even helps to burn extra calories.
- Cycling – Cycling helps to lower A1C, burn calories, and fight against insulin resistance ( a major cause of diabetes).
- Seated forward bend (Paschimottanasana) – The therapeutic forward bend yoga helps to burn off calories and reduce anxiety and stress.
- Plow pose (Halasana) – The inverted yoga posture which improves circulation, regulates the breath, and relaxes the mind.
- Supported shoulder stand (Sarvangasana) – The yoga posture which helps to reduce fatigue and relieve insomnia.
- Legs-up-the-wall pose (Viparita Karni) – The restorative yoga posture which helps to control blood sugar levels, alleviate insomnia, and reduce stress.
- Reclining bound angle pose (Supta baddha konasana) – A classic restorative yoga which stimulates the kidneys and heart, lowers stress, and maintains blood glucose levels.
The best diet for Diabetics in 2020
In order to acquire freedom from Diabetes, you need to focus on the following healthy diet formula:
- Avoid the consumption of dairy products.
- Perform intermittent fasting.
- Include fresh vegetable juice in your diet.
14 Anti-diabetic vegetables
Include the following vegetables in your diet to reverse diabetes:
- Methi (Fenugreek) – Methi has anti-diabetic, anti-oxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties. It has a high concentration of soluble fiber, which slows down glucose absorption and eventually helps to reduce blood sugar levels. Methi even helps to revamp the metabolic symptoms related to diabetes.
- Spinach – Spinach is a green leafy low-carb vegetable rich in calcium, phosphorus, and potassium. Potassium reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases. The presence of plant chemicals, Lutein in spinach lowers the risk of retinopathy (diabetes complication).
- Rajgira – Rajgira has an antioxidant property which helps to reduce tissue damage caused by hyperglycemia. It is used to prevent inflammation, heart-related problems and indigestion.
- Mint – Mint leaves have anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidation properties. It helps to relieve acidity, dizziness, and abdominal pain.
- Moringa – It has anti-cancer and antioxidant properties. It is a nutrient laxative that helps to improve cardiovascular health.
- Pumpkin – Include pumpkin in your diet only after reaching stage 3 of Diabetes Reversal as it has a high glycemic index. However, it has some anti-diabetic properties.
- Garlic – The health-promoting components of garlic prevent and control various ailments like diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, and infectious diseases. It even has an anti-oxidation property.
- Onion – Onion contains oligofructose, an insoluble fiber that can increase the level of ghrelin i.e. hunger hormones and lowers blood glucose levels.
- Ginger – It helps to reduce blood sugar levels and prevent cardiovascular diseases (by improving blood lipid profile).
- Okra – The high dietary fiber content in Okra helps improve the body’s sensitivity to insulin and control glycemic levels. It also has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Tomatoes – Tomato is a rich source of phytonutrients including lycopene (a powerful antioxidant).
- Bitter melon – it contains polypeptide-p, an insulin-like compound which enhances insulin secretion. Charantin in bitter melon is famous for its blood glucose-lowering effect.
- Carrot – The Beta-carotene in carrot helps to lower the risk of diabetes mellitus. It even has an antioxidant property.
Meditation helps to regulate the breathing pattern and get rid of negative thoughts. It helps to remove stress and anxiety and induce positivity in a person’s mind and soul.
Different breathing techniques
- Shamatha (Breathing as is) – Samatha, often translated as the “tranquility of the mind”, is achieved by practicing single-pointed meditation.
- Kundalini (Diaphragm breathing) – this helps to strengthen your nervous system and awakens your inner willpower and creativity.
- Nadi Shodhana Pranayama (Alternate nostril breathing) – It helps to rejuvenate the nervous system and reduce anxiety and stress.
- Zhuanqi (Breathing until the breath is soft)– It helps to reduce stress, sharpen memory, alleviate insomnia, and prevent depression.
- Kumbhaka Pranayamas (Anatara and Bahya breath retention)– It triggers the brain for better oxygen retention and interchange. It even helps to reduce strain on the circulatory system.
In a nutshell
The fight against Diabetes is a really long process. To achieve Stage 7 of Diabetes Reversal, you need to work with patience and consistency.
If you follow all the above-mentioned formulae of Diabetes, you are surely going to acquire freedom from Diabetes Mellitus.