- 1 Reversal process and how to Reverse Diabetes
- 2 Diet-related reasons
- 3 Exercise-related reasons
- 4 Stress-related reasons
- 5 7 Stages of Diabetes Reversal
- 6 D.I.M.E – The Four Formula to Reverse Diabetes
- 7 7 ways to reverse Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes cannot be cured completely. This statement dispirits each and every person who has diabetes. But do you know that it is possible to reverse diabetes?
Reversal process and how to Reverse Diabetes
What is diabetes reversal?
Diabetes reversal is a healthy condition acquired by a diabetic person when
- there is a long term improvement in insulin sensitivity.
- medication or insulin therapy has been totally stopped.
- fat or weight is lost and muscle is gained
- blood sugar level remains normal for a long period of time.
Root Cause of Type 2 Diabetes and how it can be reversed:
In order to achieve reversal, you need to focus on the principal cause of Type 2 Diabetes, i.e. Insulin Resistance. The factors, which lead to the root cause, are divided into certain sections. They are:
- Four Diet-related reasons
- Two Exercise-related reasons
- One Stress-related reason
- Insulin-like growth factor (IGF) – IGF-1 is an insulin-like hormone, which binds to the insulin receptor. It is released from the liver, unlike insulin, which is released from the pancreas. Abnormal levels of IGF-1 increase the risk of type 2 diabetes because of its relation to insulin resistance.
- Inflammation – Food items like processed sugar help to release inflammatory messengers that can increase the risk of chronic inflammation. Low-grade inflammation activates several proteins that block insulin-signaling pathways and makes the body less responsive to insulin.
- Excess fat – Fat deposited in our muscle cells generate toxic fatty products that suppress the insulin-signaling process and leads to a rise in blood glucose level.
- Lack of micronutrients – Micronutrients like vitamin D helps to improve the production and potency of insulin. Micronutrient deficiency impairs glucose metabolism and causes insulin resistance.
- Lymphatic abnormality – Stagnated lymph causes both insulin resistance and obesity. Exercise and an active lifestyle help lymph fluid move through the lymphatic system and minimize lymphoedema swelling.
- Lack of muscle strength – In older adults, even a small decrease in muscle strength might give rise to insulin resistance. Strength exercise makes your muscles work harder than usual which increases your muscle strength and endurance.
- Stress hormones – Stress acts as a major obstacle in effective glucose control. When you are in stress, your body triggers the stress hormones to release cortisol and adrenaline into the bloodstream.
Your body directs blood to the muscles and limbs and prepares you to fight the situation. This increases the body’s demand for energy and leads to a rise in blood glucose levels.
7 Stages of Diabetes Reversal
You’ll know that your body is going through diabetes reversal when you observe the following 7 changes in your body –
STAGE 1: Reduction in blood sugar but the medication remains the same.
STAGE 2: Reduction in both blood sugar and medicines.
STAGE 3: HbA1c (%) is more than 6 and the medication has stopped.
STAGE 4: HbA1c (%) is less than 6 and medication has stopped.
STAGE 5: HbA1c (%) is less than 6, medicine has stopped and GTT is cleared.
STAGE 6: Reversal of complications like nephropathy, retinopathy, and neuropathy.
STAGE 7: Blood sugar remains normal irrespective of diet change (Excellent fitness).
HbA1c- Hemoglobin A1c, GTT- Glucose Tolerance Test
D.I.M.E – The Four Formula to Reverse Diabetes
- Diet: Focus on a low-calorie diet plan.
- Inner Transformation: Transform your inner self.
- Medical: Prepare your reversal plan under the guidance of a doctor.
- Exercise: Start an exercise routine.
The Diet Agenda is divided into four phases-
- Phase 1- Basic Diet (4-8 weeks)
Avoid consumption of dairy products and include 25% principle in meals(equal quantity of grains, vegetable, salad, and pulses in your meal). This phase will help in reducing blood sugar, weight, inflammation, and will increase micronutrients.
- Phase 2- Intensive Diet (8-12 weeks)
Do intermittent fasting and include fresh vegetable juice in your diet plan. It works on detoxification, repair, rehydration, and ketosis.
- Phase 3- Muscle Building Diet (3-6 months)
Increase calorie intake by consuming enough proteins, vegetables, oils, fruits. It focuses on building muscles.
- Phase 4- Maintenance Diet (after 6 months)
Have a simple macro diet plan or flexible dieting meal plan. This dietary plan can be achieved throughout your life.
A change in your diet is very necessary for the reversal of diabetes. Lower your sugar intake and include brown rice, quinoa, vegetables, and healthy fats (fish, avocado) in your diet.
To control diabetes, use natural remedies like cinnamon, fish oil, fenugreek seeds, and CBD oil.
Inner Transformation formula
It works to:
- Regulate your breathing pattern.
- Train the thinking process and get rid of negative emotions.
- Eliminate stress and trauma.
- Induce positive energy through Goal Setting.
- Important tests to check the status of diabetes, complications, and nutrition should be performed. Insulin resistance, urine infection, and kidney disease tests should not be ignored.
- Maintain a good body composition (higher percentage of non-fat mass and a lower percentage of body fat).
- Periodic supplementation to avoid severe micronutrient deficiency.
- Applying drug dose adjustment on a regular basis.
- Get access to qualified medical advice daily through an online doctor consultation app.
The main goal is to clear the Glucose Tolerance Test(GTT) and carry on reversal. The Exercise Agenda is divided into four phases:
- Phase 1- Basic Exercise (4-8 weeks)
Walk/jog(only 20 minutes) daily. Perform super brain yoga and nitric oxide dump. It activates the muscle fibres and reduces inflammation, blood sugar. Fat starts burning.
- Phase 2- Cleansing Exercise (8-12 weeks)
Perform light cardio, rebounding, meditation, and yoga. It detoxes the body and boosts the metabolic rate.
- Phase 3- Intensive Exercise (3-6 months)
Burn calories with high-intensity interval training (HIIT) work-outs like Tabata squats, jump lunge, burpees. It works on strength and stamina building.
- Phase 4- Maintenance Exercise (after 6 months)
Perform plank, squats, one-arm arrow, and push-ups. This exercise can be implemented for an entire lifetime.
7 ways to reverse Type 2 Diabetes
Here are some simple ways which can help you reverse the cycle of diabetes:
- Perform yoga and meditation.
- Stop smoking.
- Exercise and work-out regularly.
- Alter your diet plan.
- Don’t take sleep for granted. Have adequate 8hrs of sleep, regularly
- Avoid a sedentary lifestyle.
- Reduce your anxiety and stress through meditation. Laughing out loud will help to reduce the stress hormone, cortisol, and cheer up your mood.
Last but not least
Diabetes Reversal takes time. It requires patience, consistency, and persistence. You won’t get the desired result in a short span of time. Therefore, keep motivating yourself and remain stuck to the Diabetes Reversal protocols to reach Stage 7.