- 1 Natural Home Remedies for Diabetes Cure
- 2 Home Remedies For High Sugar Level Control
- 3 Home Remedies For Low Blood Sugar Levels Control
- 4 Home Remedies For Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes Control
- 5 Bottom Line
- 6 FAQs:
- 7 References
Diabetes prevalence has increased manifold over the years. One in every ten adults has diabetes mellitus. India has emerged as the diabetic capital of the world. Stress, improper lifestyle, poor diet controls are the key contributing factors for diabetes. Some natural home remedies are found to be highly beneficial in controlling and curing diabetes. Read this blog to know about the best home remedies for diabetes type 1 or 2.
This article gives information on some great home remedies to reduce high blood sugar levels.
Natural Home Remedies for Diabetes Cure
Nature has a blend of items that have been used for centuries for medical cures. Many plants are of medicinal value and have been used for various medical condition treatments.
Science has used the gifts of nature to make medicines that can be used directly for treatment. As far as natural products are concerned, there is a need to have proper knowledge before using them.
Diabetes is a condition wherein blood sugar levels are above normal sugar levels. It can thus be controlled if the food that you eat is helping in controlling blood sugar levels.
Before looking for answers to how to cure diabetes at home naturally, we should understand the food we eat. Some foods raise blood sugar levels rapidly. These are high glycaemic index foods. While some food products are known to release glucose very slowly. These are low glycaemic index foods. Thus, a proper selection of low and high glycaemic index natural foods can help in controlling low or high sugar levels.
Balance of high and low glycaemic index foods is the key to control diabetes naturally.
Home Remedies For High Sugar Level Control
Natural home remedies for diabetes play an important role when there is less availability of medicines or alternative therapy for controlling diabetes. Moreover, diet control is an essential key for diabetic management. When one thinks of how to control sugar without medicine, natural home remedies are the best choices.
A high blood sugar condition is when the blood glucose levels are > 180mg/dL after 2 hours of eating. Eating foods that are of low sugar content, low glycaemic index foods, less carb diet is good for high sugar conditions. Some top 10 home remedy for sugar patient with high blood sugar control are as follows:
High Blood Sugar Home Remedy 1- Curry leaves for the cure
Curry leaves are the best natural antioxidants. They are known to control high blood sugar levels. When mixed with cinnamon and fenugreek seeds they increase glucose absorption by cells and thus regulate blood sugar levels.
- Curry leaves
- Fenugreek seeds
- Take 2 to 3 glasses of water.
- Add 8/9 curry leaves in it.
- Take 1 stick of cinnamon and add it.
- Add little ginger and boil all the ingredients on medium flame until it becomes half of it.
- Consume the entire portion in two parts.
Measure your sugar levels after consumption of the first part of the portion.
High Blood Sugar Home Remedy 2 – Jamun seeds powder
Jamun seeds (Blackberries) are considered among effective home remedies for diabetes. These seeds are a rich source of jamboline and jambosine. These two ingredients help in slowing down the glucose release into the blood . It also reduces symptoms of frequent urination and thirst.
- Jamun seeds
- Take 20/25 seeds of Jamun and dry them completely.
- Make powder of seeds.
- Mash properly and store in a jar
- Take a tablespoon of seeds powder twice a day.
High Blood Sugar Home Remedy 3 – Fenugreek seeds
Fenugreek seeds (Methi seeds) are a rich source of glucomannan fibre. This fibre helps in delaying the intestinal absorption of sugar. Alkaloids like fednugrecin and amino acids 4 hydroxy isoleucine present in the seed act on the pancreas to release insulin thereby helping in high sugar control .
- Fenugreek seeds
- Take 1 tablespoon of fenugreek seeds.
- Take 2 glasses of water and boil the seeds into water.
- Keep the boiled water at room temperature overnight. And drink it the next morning on empty stomach.
High Blood Sugar Home Remedy 4 – Amla Juice.
Indian gooseberries or amla are powerful antioxidants. When it comes to thinking of the best home remedies to lower blood sugar Amla is a perfect choice. As it is a rich source of Vitamin C amla’s have been widely used for immunity boosting. Amla can control pancreatitis and thus helps in the proper production of insulin . It increases body response towards insulin and regulates carbohydrate metabolism all helping in controlling high blood sugar levels.
- Take 2 amlas. Grind it properly.
- Add one glass of water to the mixture.
- Add salt for the taste and drink the juice.
High Blood Sugar Home Remedy 5 –Ladyfinger (Okara)
Okra popularly known as bhindi or ladyfinger is a great source of fibre, vitamins, and minerals. It is a low-calorie and low glycemic index diet. People who continuously think of “ how to reduce sugar level naturally” Okra is a perfect food item for them.
Myricetin present in Okra helps in increasing cellular absorption of blood glucose. The green peel and the seeds of the plant help in lowering down the blood sugar by slowing down the sugar absorption from the intestines. Thus, it helps in reducing blood sugar levels.
- Lady’s finger
- Cut the lady’s finger horizontally and take out the seeds from it.
- Put the seeds to dry under the sunlight or at room temperature.
- Make the powder of dry seeds.
- Add the powder of the dry seeds in 2 glasses of water.
- Mix well and drink.
- Use the peeled skin for making curry.
High blood sugar levels can be controlled with Jamun seeds, curry leaves, ladyfinger, Amla, etc. Test your blood sugar levels after every meal.
Home Remedies For Low Blood Sugar Levels Control
A low blood sugar condition is medically known as hypoglycemia. The blood sugar levels fall drastically below 70 mg /dL. It can be fatal if left untreated. The common cause of low blood sugar is the overdose of insulin or any other medicine, any illness, or improper diet.
Low sugar treatment varies according to the sugar levels.
Between 55 to 70 mg/dL: If your sugar levels are between 55 to 70 mg/dL, the following are the natural remedies are the best cure:
- A glass of water with 1 tablespoon of sugar in it.
- 1 tablespoon of Honey
- 2 tablespoon of raisins
- ½ cup of apple or orange juice
- 1 cup of fat-free milk
- ½ banana
- 1 small apple
- 3 to 4 glucose tablets
Wait for 15 minutes and measure your sugar levels. If your sugar levels are greater than or equal to 100 mg/dL you are fine. Otherwise, take again the above portion. Repeat it till the sugar levels are normal to 100 mg/dL.
Below 55mg/dL: But if the sugar levels are less than 55 mg/dL, check whether the patient is conscious. If yes, then immediately give:
- 1 tablespoon of Honey
- ½ cup of 100% orange juice
- 1/3 cup of 100% grape juice
Wait for 15 minutes and repeat the sugar level tests. Consume the above again till your sugar levels are not normal.
As soon as you return to normal, eat some protein-rich diet like a handful of peanuts or peanuts with crackers. It shall help in keeping your sugar levels within range.
But in case you are still facing trouble in normalizing your blood sugar levels, call the doctor immediately.
Apart from these above directions, some natural remedies that are good for low sugar treatment are as follows:
Low Blood Sugar Home Remedy 1: Honey cashew syrup
- Warm water
- Crushed cashew nuts
- Take one glass of warm water.
- Add two tablespoons of crushed cashew nuts.
- Add one tablespoon of honey.
- Mix it well and drink every night for better results.
Check sugar after 15 minutes. If it is above 100 mg/dL you are fine. Otherwise, take half a cup of the same syrup again.
Low Blood Sugar Home Remedy 2: Applesauce
- 3 Apples
- Rinse & peel apples.
- Chop them and place them in the pan.
- Pour water in the pan with apples such that apples are covered with water.
- Put the pan on the low flame.
- Add sugar if needed.
- Keep stirring till the apples are cooked.
- Mash the apples or blend them.
- Your apple sauce is ready. Refrigerate it and use it.
Take ½ cup of apple sauce whenever your sugar is low.
Low Blood Sugar Home Remedy 3- Black grapes & apple juice
- Black grapes
- ½ tablespoon Sugar
- Take an apple and chopped it.
- Add one cup of black grapes.
- Add some water and a tablespoon of sugar.
- Make juice & drink half a cup of it anytime.
Low Blood Sugar Home Remedy 4- Raisins Milk blend
- Take one glass of hot water.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of raisins this mix them well.
- Drink this every day this helps in regains your blood sugar level in no time.
Low Blood Sugar Home Remedy 5- Honey & milk
- Take one glass of milk.
- Add 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of honey.
- And drink it whenever you feel that your blood sugar level is getting down.
Raisins, fruit juices, applesauce are all beneficial for raising blood sugar levels. Use them in appropriate quantities to avoid hypoglycemia.
Home Remedies For Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes Control
A common question that surrounds a diabetic patient’s mind is “How to treat type-1 and type 2 diabetes naturally?” or “what is the best natural diet to control type 1 and type 2 diabetes?”
A healthy diabetic diet is essential to control and manage diabetes effectively. A healthy diet should have high fiber content, protein, and fats with controlled carbs. Here are some top home remedies to control diabetes both type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
Natural Home Remedies Juice: Detox Juice
The detox juice is highly beneficial for controlling diabetes. It helps you to stay hydrated, maintain proper weight, manage cholesterol levels, and maintain blood sugar levels.
- Spinach (Palak)
- Cinnamon powder
- Take 2 glasses of water and add all the ingredients to it.
- Blend the mixture and make juice of it.
- Drink and enjoy.
Ingredients like spinach, cucumber, coriander are rich in vitamins and minerals. These are rich in fiber and help in weight control. They regulate blood glucose levels and thus are good for diabetes control.
Natural Remedies For Sugar Control Small & Healthy Snacks:
- Berries and Yoghurt: Take 1 small cup of low-fat yoghurt with 1 cup of berries. Berries are excellent antioxidants and a great source of fibre. The berries slow the digestion process and thus help in the stabilization of sugar levels. Yoghurt contains probiotics that improve body metabolism and thus enhances food absorption. In this way, it regulates blood sugar levels. It is also a rich source of calcium, vitamin D, and potassium.
- Apple with peanut butter: 1 small apple with 25 grams of peanut butter.
Apple is a low glycaemic fruit that contains polyphenols. Polyphenols slow down sugar absorption into the bloodstream after digestion of the food. Thus, a rapid increase in blood sugar levels is prevented. Peanut butter, on the other hand, is a rich source of healthy fats, a good amount of fibre, and proteins. All of which are needed to help in regulating blood sugar absorption.
Vegetable Curry for Diabetes
- Green beans: Green beans are low glycemic index food that contains high vitamins A, C, K, iron, chlorophyll, fiber, and folic acid. All these are vital nutrients for the out body and helps in regulating blood sugar levels .
- Turmeric powder ( 1/2 teaspoon)
- Chilli powder (1/2 teaspoon)
- Cumin seeds (1/2 teaspoon)
- Coriander powder ( ½ teaspoon)
- Onion paster (1 tablespoon)
- Garlic paste ( ½ tablespoon)
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup oil.
Fry all the ingredients in olive oil for 2/3 minutes then add beans and water in it and cook for 15/20 minutes.
Apart from beans vegetables like Ladyfinger, Cucumber, and bitter gourd can be prepared similarly. All of them are good home remedies for type 2 diabetes and have proven beneficial in controlling type 1 diabetes.
Non-veg Food for Diabetes
For those who love to eat non-veg food but are diabetic, here are the tips of home remedies to control sugar and maintain your love for food.
- Seafood and chicken are the preferable choices for diabetic patients.
- Red meat should be avoided as it contains a high level of saturated fats.
- If you also have the problem of cholesterol then you should not take egg yolk into your diet.
- You can eat 85 grams or 3 ounces of meat, 120 gram of fish, or 100 gram of chicken while diabetic .
- Avoid deep-frying of chicken, fish, or meat.
Healthy eating is one of the best ways to manage diabetes effectively. It also reduces the risks of other diseases like cardiovascular diseases, kidney diseases, and liver diseases. You should consult a dietician before making a diet plan for managing diabetes.
Remember to measure your blood glucose levels after every meal. In this way, you can monitor the food items and their impact on your body. Those food items which are negatively affecting you should be removed from your diet plan.
Is it possible to eat mango in diabetes?
Consuming any fruit in limited quantity or in a balanced diet along with other low glycemic index and protein-rich fruit would be harmless. Taking 2 to 3 mango slices is fine unless you have no high diabetic levels.
What type of cereals is to be avoided while diabetic?
White bread, Maida, refined flour, pasta, and refined grains should be avoided in diabetes. Therefore, consume whole wheat flour, whole grain bread, and whole wheat pasta.
What is the best diabetic diet to eat early in the morning?
Diet shall depend on your sugar levels. Taking 5 almonds or 2 walnut halves along with a cup of sugar-free tea or coffee or coconut water or lemon water would be the best choice.
Which type of rice should I prefer while diabetic white or brown?
Both white and brown rice are high glycemic index foods. But Brown rice is more preferable as it contains more fibre content. It should be eaten with other low glycemic index foods and non-starchy vegetables to balance the sugar levels. Take only ½ cup of brown rice in your meals.