Diabetes can affect feet so patients must take extra care as below:
- Perform a comprehensive foot evaluation at least annually to identify risk factors for ulcers and amputations.
- Check your feet every day for cuts, cracks, bruises, blisters, sores and infections.
- Check color of your leg and Feet-Seek help if there is swelling, redness or warmth.
- Wash and dry your feet every day, especially between the toes.
- Changes your socks every day.
- Apply good skin lotion on heels and sole.
- Trim your nails straight.
- Do not walk barefoot inside or outside.
- Do not smoke.