We keep hearing this—the least you can do for yourself and your body is to take a 30-minute walk daily. Why does everyone say that? What does a 30 minute walk can do for you? Here are the things that make your 30 minute walk worth every bit of the time and effort!
- Clear and calm mind– Walking clears your mind, it helps you calm down and relax. More so, if you walk amidst nature, in a park or somewhere away from traffic where you don’t have to get distracted by the noise on the streets.
- Burning of calories– When you walk for a half hour, you are sure to burn around 150 calories. This is the best way to lose some calories without putting in much physical effort.
- Toned and strong legs– Walking is an exercise for your legs, and when you do it regularly, your legs become stronger with toned thighs and calves.
- Blood circulation– Walking improves blood circulation thereby reducing problems such as varicose veins.
- Digestion– Taking a post-meal stroll can catalyse the process of digestion ensuring efficient functioning of your digestive system.
- Creativity– Creative people recommend walking or running before getting down to begin their work. They have found that walking gets their creative juices flowing, putting them in the right frame of mind for maximum productivity.
- Multi-tasking– Walking doesn’t require much attention which means it gives you time to do other things while you walk. For example, thinking about a problem at hand, talking to family and friends over phone, listening to podcasts or audiobooks, running errands on your way etc. Going for daily walks can mean so much more than just walking.
- It becomes a habit– Finally, the most important factor of going for your 30 minute walk every day is to make it a habit. Once it becomes a habit, it will automatically be a part of your daily routine and you’ll not want to miss it, come what may.
Till then, we hope this list inspires you to grab your sneakers and go for that half hour walk!